- To learn about the Lifestyle Redesign model first hand and in depth.
- To study and develop my understanding of how the model can be applied in the context of the interface between hospital and home.
- To explore the relevance of this model to my own area of work. Key issues are the translation from an urban, culturally diverse setting to a rural and less diverse region.
The cultural issues are different, but Lifestyle Redesign is showing itself to be very adaptable and applicable to a wide range of client groups, so again I think this will not be too much of an issue.
- To make links with current policy documents such as Shifting the Balance of Care and Reshaping Services for Older People (Scottish Government) that make clear the need for a new approach to services for older people.
- To identify how occupational therapy services in my own area of work could deliver the most beneficial and cost effective interventions.
- To prepare a discussion document for the development of occupational therapy services for older people in my region based on the learning from my visit.
- To develop my own practice with individual patients based on my learning.